1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cataloguing digital pix using EXIF data

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by fmtulley, Aug 24, 2004.

1. fmtulley

fmtulley Guest

There are many organising systems for digital photos, but they all use external index files, and all the cataloguing effort will be lost if you change to another system in years to come.
    EXIF data is built into the picture file. I have found a program called exifer which allows easy editing of the data, including changing the date/time taken, author, subject etc on single or multiple pictures. However I have not found a program to search EXIF data for a particular subject, or date, to produce pix for a slide show.
    WindowsXP seems to use some EXIF data but not all. Any ideas picking out pix using this method for instance all the pix which have 'flower' in the subject list ?

2. omronguru

omronguru Guest

From what I understand you can do this from within Photoshop CS brower application, well according to the video tutorial I watched last night by Deke McClelland that came with CS. I know its not the cheapest software around, but certainly is the DADDY!! plus is fairly freely available to download crack file from some P2P sites such as Limewire, emule etc.

3. drchips

drchips Active member