1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Catctus DataShield 200

Discussion in 'Audio' started by swatkat, Feb 19, 2004.

1. swatkat

swatkat Member

I would like 2 make a comment on the topic on the copy protection of Cactus Data Shield 200. I have a cd of Nora Jones called Come Away With Me (original copy. I scanned it with a programme called Clony and that is how i got the protection. It has the copy protection Cactus Data Shield 200 and made a perfect copy with Alcohol 120% using a Liteon burner 52*24*52 to read it to the harddrive and no errors where encounted during the reading process burnt it using the Liteon. Made a perfect copy. So I don't know what all the fuss is about in burning this protection. Oh, btw the verion of Alcohol 120 is 140 build 1005 and the image work in Alcohol's virtual drive as well.

That is my 2 cents worth.

Just a tip. Use the burner 2 read the protected cd as it reads the protection better ther a stand alone cd rom.

Swatty.

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

You could have posted this to the sticky thread as well - no problem with that.

Anyway - you're right, some drives can handle CDS very well, sometimes you won't even notice that the CD is protected. For ppl who want to get a new drive, your result is certainly interesting.

3. swatkat

swatkat Member

Could you please do that 4 me tigre as I have know knowledge on how to do this.

Thanxx

Swatty.

4. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

I can't move posts/merge topics. If you want your post to appear in the sticky thread, simply open it, hit "reply" button and past your 1st post there. I hope this works.