1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cause: 128 (nmc_processing_exception)

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by tuk, Jan 26, 2007.

1. tuk

tuk Member

When I try to burn my completed DVD project to the hardrive, I get an error, however if I export the video to .mpg(without menu) it works fine..here is the error log from trying to burn the complete project to hard drive:

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

3. tuk

tuk Member

Just to clarify..

Could this still be the problem, even though Im only attempting to write to the harddrive, Im not actually using the DVD burner?

4. tuk

tuk Member

Ok I had a look at that thread, and followed the instructions for enabling DMA,

I have an Nvidia Mobo so I followed the instructions for that, basically un-installing the ide drivers from add/remove programs..allowing the nvidia ide drivers to be replaced with windows ide drivers on reboot,

But when I try to to burn the DVD project to the hard drive, I still get an error message:

The error log is different from before..DMA is enabled now for both the DVD burner and the HardDrive, and I cant see any obvious errors

Should I continue to post here or is their another thread that is dealing with this problem?

Keep in mind that Im not burning the project directly to disk, Im brning it to the hard drive, Il will use a different program for the actual burning of the disk, if I ever get this to work

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I see this from your first log:
    Of course Nero continues to work as if this portion of the process was completed...Until it tries to access the files which were never placed in memory. So you then get the processing exception error. The "next" video frame was the first frame... which was not there.

See if you can free up some more room or make your project a bit smaller.
    You have a 250 GB hard drive so I have a hard time believing there is not enough room.
    So 9.22 GB available out of 250 GB? Do you really have 240+ GB on your HDD? Maybe you have it partitioned?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  6. tuk

tuk Member

I have 4 partitions:

50Gb XP SP2
    50Gb Linux Fedora Core 6
    50Gb Vista Ultimate Final Build
    80GB Archive

I changed the file settings in Nero to use the Vista partition for file output, as its just been installed it has the most free space with 38 Gb free....

Now when I try I get error message...

7. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Plenty of room now:

Your file size
    [19:14:57] NeroVision multiplexed size : 4647868416 bytes = 4432.552734375 Megabytes

Space on your d:\ drive:
    [19:19:51] ExpressUI Available hard disk space for temporary files: 38903.508 MB

You are still getting the same error though.
    I did notice that it looks like you have your .avi files on one directory, c:\, and that you are using a different directory, d:\, for the output. You may want to try getting both of them on the c:\ directory. The same one Nero is installed in.

Try a test run using a much smaller file and see if that works.

If that doesn't work then you should remove and reinstall Nero. This may be just a glitch in one of the program files.

I did a Google search on this error and could not come up with anything definitive.I did see some "page file size" issues with this error so make sure you have enough.

This is typical:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/4/105308

You can always contact the Nero tech support. Make sure you send them a log file as well as an InfoTool file.

And as a last resort get ConvertXtoDVD which doesn't have all these problems.

Try the smaller file size and let me know if it works.