1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cause of perfect circle scratches?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Modking30, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

I have a drive that puts a perfect circle scratch on a disc. Anyone know the cause? Xbox lays flat and was not bumped

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I remember seeing rings on older model 360's, and then some when the system (while running) was moved from being flat to standing up. I suppose you didn't do either of those things, so I don't know if there's something in the drive that is giving that scratch around your discs!

3. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

It's a newer model. It was bought right when the slims released. It even has a jasper :) and newest PHAT liteon. I'll probably tear it apart and clean it and see what happens. Weird.

4. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

A year or so ago, someone asked if I could fix his disc drive because it keeps scratching rings onto discs. Turns out that it had a foreign, small piece of plastic stuck to the big chrome bracket on the bottom, causing the the scratched ring to be in the same location on every disc.

5. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Thanks for the tips. I'll remember that :)