1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Caution] Halo 4 Leaked Edition

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by b1gh3ad, Oct 16, 2012.

1. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

Source: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Microsoft-Perma-Banning-Xbox-360-Gamers-Playing-Halo-4-48130.html

I would like to say that ALTHOUGH THE GAME IS FINE WHEN YOU VERIFY IT WITH ABGX DO NOT PLAY ANY VERSIONS OF THE HALO 4 LEAKED EDITION ON ANY CONSOLE THAT IS CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET. YOUR CONSOLE + GAMERTAG WILL BE BANNED!. I cannot stress enough that microsoft have already started issuing permanent bans even for people who though they were safe by playing it offline.

This example below is a level 10 ban for a retard who though someone would be playing Halo 4 on Xbox Live nearly 3 weeks before launch date.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  2. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

really? what is wrong with these people? and, 2 months before the release date to boot. they deserve what they get in my opinion.

3. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

You know that happened with MW3 here where i live, target starting selling it 2 weeks before release, a lot of people got banned and microsoft ended up giving them new xbox's because it was of no fault of their own, that being said it seems like they would make bans reversable, just in case! Never the less playing something 3 weeks before issue is just stupid!

4. CawkFour

CawkFour Regular member

How do you guys figure 2 months? It's 3 weeks.

5. infam0us

infam0us Regular member

true

6. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

sorry for the incorrect time but still its the same thing

7. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I was surprised when I saw this hit the net! I bet 343 Industries is pretty pissed about it. And whoever goes online with that game is a moron; that's instant ban right there, I mean it's Halo. I played MW3 2 weeks before it's release and never got a ban for it, which surprised me.

But ya, crazy that that game was leaked! I mean before AC3 even...

8. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

I wonder if achievements are date stamped, if someone played the game now and connected after the release date would they see that the achievements were earned before the release? I'm sure i'm going to be getting those kind of questions so thats why i was wondering!

9. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I'm pretty sure that they do have time stamps on when you got the achievement. I remember looking through all the different achievements that I've gotten in the past, and it would say the date for when I unlocked it...

10. busabill

busabill Regular member

but if you 2 profiles one for offline and one for online and only play the games on the offline profile till the release date MS cant find out what you have been doing

is that true

11. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

i'm sure that does not matter, if you play the game on the machine and then connect to xbox live more than likely they will know! not worth the risk is it?

12. ajennice

ajennice Member

If you play it period and it shows up on your played game history, you'll get banned. Account and Console ban. So even if you're offline, when you go online and it records the data, you're flagged and busted.

If you Dl'ed it and really are hard up to play, just create a new profile and use a USB stick. Disconnect the net, disconnet your HDD. play the game save to USB. IF you want to play online just disconnect the fUSB drive, plug inteh net and your HDD and play as you normally would.
    But beware.. if you get busted.. We all know aMS will not give 2 squirts of monkey piss to hear your case... I'd even stress not playing a LEGIT copy until release date....

13. makelad

makelad Member

can i burn after the game comes out and is verified in abgx? or are all leaked versions shit?

14. makelad

makelad Member

can i burn after the game comes out and is verified in abgx? or are all leaked versions shit?

15. Joe_1981

Joe_1981 Regular member

Once ABGX verifies it, you should be good, as long as you're playing after the release date. I can't believe people even still need to be told not to play games this early, not to mention a Halo game! I wouldn't play an XBox Live chess game online 3 weeks early, let alone Halo! Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

16. makelad

makelad Member

i hope so... i already got it downloaded and i got my liteon burner recently but i think the guy means the even if the game goes smoothly in abgx and is released any of the leaked versions will get you banned

"I would like to say that ALTHOUGH THE GAME IS FINE WHEN YOU VERIFY IT WITH ABGX DO NOT PLAY ANY VERSIONS OF THE HALO 4 LEAKED EDITION ON ANY CONSOLE THAT IS CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET."

17. ajennice

ajennice Member

Basically here is what MS is looking for. ANY console/gamertag that has any recording of even PLAYING Halo 4 will get banned. There are no LEGIT (store sold) copies around. If you show you've played it ( online or off), they know you've had to of downloaded it and will ban you.

IF you've played it offline and wish to avoind the ban, go to your HDD and delete Halo 4. then copy all of your game folder to another HDD?USB stick (may take alot of time), Delete your profile. Now hop online and do a GT recovery, and then throw your game files back on.
    In Theory (and only theory), if you've played offline and not connected to LIVE then they have no up to date GT stamp for you (no progress, no chieves..etc), so their GT recovery cannot replace what it has not seen yet. After you do the recovery there should be NO proof you've ever played the game.

OK.. friend just confirmed. He played 007 (legit store copy) legends with his console offline for about 20 minutes (plus some cheives). Copied games to USB MINUS 007. Deleted GT and then recovered. Once his GT was recovered there was NO 007 game history, cheives..etc. Even when his old games were put back on his HDD still no showing of the 007 game.

18. Joe_1981

Joe_1981 Regular member

I'm running the game on my xkey right now. All I did was create a second profile, just left it default as "Player 1", went offline and disconnected Ethernet cable. I tried the game out for a bit, unlocked some achievements. When I decided to go back online, I simply, erased the "Player 1" profile, deleted everything Halo 4 related from my HDD, cleared all the caches on all of my storage devices and went back online. It was never in my online profile and I wiped everything Halo 4 related off my XBox. Can they still detect me? I guess, I don't know. Only if game info is stored on the motherboard or something. I know people claim it can be, but I've played plenty of games early, offline, on dummy profiles, deleted everything and then gone back online and I've never had a console ban. That said, I've been back online with this XBox now for a few days and everything is fine. I think they'd have nailed me by now. Everyone else who's being stupid and actually playing it online or with their main profile gets the banhammer pretty quickly.

19. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Those who are still looking for the original game, it's only 37 Euros atm at wowhd.com.

20. gamer3162

gamer3162 Regular member

im definitly not flagged as i just did the repair trick online and it went through.

and nothing happend to us playing mw3 last yr atleast not that i heard of. i also played re6 about 6 days before release.

so when release comes can we then play our copies of halo 4 we have now or do we need a new rip? i would think they would be the same ?