1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cce (rebuilder?) - problem with vertical banding/bars

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by traderwan, Oct 23, 2004.

1. traderwan

traderwan Member

I've been using CCE, Rebuilder, Remake, etc for a few months now with no problems. I decided to try converting avi to svcd using guides at www.videohelp.com. At some point one of the guides changed settings in CCE I believe. I found a solution that doesn't use CCE.

When I came back to my usual DVD routine the end result turns out:

1. Not sized properly (it is almost exactly the same as original). The rebuilder.ini does not specifically set a disk size but I am under the impression that there is a default size without that specific setting.

2. Has vertical banding type effect. The bands are about an inch wide, clear (see through) and gives the screen a slight ribbed type appearance. It looks to me like something has been offset or shifted perhaps.

Solutions I've tried so far:
    (using CCE-SP version 2.67.00.27)
    -upgraded to latest rebuilder version, double checked all settings same as guide here
    -reinstalled CCE; settings appear to be "ok" but I am not too familiar with the inner workings of CCE
    -tried movies previously backed up successfully and problem repeats

Unless there is a setting in CCE that is not cleared via reinstall I don't know where else to look. What that setting would be I also have no idea. I doubt rebuilder is the culprit because I did not change any settings or even touch the program between the last successfull use and the first bad encode after my svcd attempts.

Anyone make sense of this?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved*