1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCE remux problems : some help, please

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Snowface, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Snowface

Snowface Member

I've asked this question before, but nobody has answered me yet.
    I tried to backup my Aliens and my Scream dvd. After everything has been stripped out, it's still somewhat too big. So I tried to re-encode the video, but since TMPGEnc allways crashes when I load the template from IfoEdit, I tried Re-MPEG2, but since it needs to be re-encoded to about 73%, the quality sucked. So I tried CinemaCraft (CCE SP v2.50) and finally I have a m2v that looks just like the original (after a 3-pass VBR) and plays just fine. It's about 4000MB and it's ac3 file about 400MB. But as soon as want to remux it with IfoEdit, I end up with a movie of about 3600 MB and stutters after about 1 minute. I've done everything accordingly Doom9's guide (http://www.doom9.org/mpg/cce-advanced.htm) and I did check the option in IfoEdit (next to Remux) for a CCE movie. What could I be doing wrong here?
    Any ideas.....anybody?

2. Shobbow

Shobbow Member

You can not directly remux an m2v form CCE with Ifoedit. There is a long procedure in Doom9 forum on how to do that. The easier way which i use, is to load the movie in Spruce Up or Maestro and reauthor it. It takes me less than 5 minutes to do that. Anyway, 4G of movie is too much, try to limit the video and the audio to 4.2G to be in the safe side after authoring the movie

3. Snowface

Snowface Member

Thanks for the info.
    I read it on Doom9's forum what was wrong. But the weird thing is, when I re-encode the original, the m2v is about 1 second shorter then the ac3 rip. So I'm facing a new problem.
    The 2nd problem I have is that re-encoding in TMPGEnc only produces a black screen. So I'm doing all over again.
    But anyway, I'll try Spruce up or Maestro. Maybe it's easier or better than Scenarist.

4. gnfishin

gnfishin Guest

Snowface,

Would you mind sharing with me how you re-encoded the m2v using CCE? REMPEG is really beginning to annoy me and I need a better way!

Thanks!!
    gnfishin