1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCE SP2 Frame Rate conv issue: Picture turns black

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by LittleSeb, Apr 7, 2007.

1. LittleSeb

LittleSeb Member

Hi !
    My encoded video suddenly goes black at the end of the movie. I discovered that it was due to the frame rate conversion when converting a 23.976 fps input to a 25 fps in my case. The length of the black picture movie part is equal to the difference in frame number. Let's say you have a 1 hour movie wich represents around 86300 frames played at 23.976fps and 9000 frames at 25fps. The difference is about 3700 frames wich is about 2.5 minutes of black picture I have at the end of the converted movie. Total movie length though is correct, just missing the last 2.5 minutes which turns black. I assume it's a bug in CCE SP2 1.00.00.15 ? Any idea? Any Patch available ?
    Thanks,
    Seb

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

How exactly are you doing the framerate conversion? Unless it's been added since the last version I have, DVD-RB can't do it. Also, unless it's new in SP2, CCE can't do that conversion either.

3. LittleSeb

LittleSeb Member

It's an option in the main settings screen of SP2 you can select the frame rate of output video file. If input and output frame
    rates differ, frame insertion or frame skip will occur.

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Interesting. How are you changing CCE settings for each segment? Are you manually editing each ECL file or using some sort of automation tool?

5. LittleSeb

LittleSeb Member

No automation tool and that setting doesn't seem to be stored in the ECL file :( So I set it through the CCE SP2 GUI so far, couldn't find another way to test it properly.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007