1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd back-up Burn speeds

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by maccaria, May 9, 2004.

1. maccaria

maccaria Guest

Hi there

I have recently purchased a fliptop for my V6 ps2 and have SMD 3.2. I have backed up all my games to my PC and now want to burn them to cds. I have good quality sony cd-r media. I looked around and everyone recomends burnin at 1x speed.

My burners will only burn at a minimum of 4x speed for the CD-RW and 8x speed for the DVD-RW

I have a sony CD-RW CRX230E
    and also a sony DVD-RW DW-U14A ( multi-burner )

I was just wondering if 4x speed will be okay or is there some software that will let me burn at a slower speed

thanx in advance for any help

2. maccaria

maccaria Guest

OK I answered my own question they will burn at 4x speed and run fine. But my next question is....

I have a pal ps2 burned an NTSC back-up, have an NTSC compatible TV and use a scart lead to connect with.

So why am i still gettin black and white images????

help please im stuck. :0)

3. maccaria

maccaria Guest

think i sussed it....

I have 2 scart sockets on my TV and i read somewhere that they may not both be RGB compatible so I will try the other one and report back for future reference

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you could also check that your tv is set to auto select between ntsc and pal otherwise if its set just to pal then it will still be a black/white image