1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd burn says no disc on my hi fi

Discussion in 'Audio' started by PKOssie, May 29, 2011.

1. PKOssie

PKOssie Member

hi i have a jvc hi fi but when i try to convert mp3 files on my pc to cd it seems to burn ok but when i try to play on my jvc hi fi it says there's no disc inserted i've tried various decoding programs ie nero, winamp, but cant seem to burn cd's to play on my hi fi they will play on my pc but not my hi fi. any ideas. thank you

2. G101

G101 Regular member

Are you sure you are burning it as an Audio CD and not a MP3 Cd because your jvc might not support MP3 cds that is why it is not playing it.

3. Mez

Mez Active member

G101 is right.

Does Winamp burn disks now?

Burned disks are much harder to read and how you burn them can make matters worse. I wouldn't use Nero to burn anything. It has a habit of burning too fast.

The safest burn would be a free version of Media Monkey. Use the option to be read by any CD player. It has the most fool proof burn routine available. CDs can be burned real slow making them easier to read. The tracks are wider than DVDs. The slower the burn the the bigger the dots. There may be an alignment difference between the burner and the JVC. Making the dots bigger will make it easier to read if there is an alignment issue. The free version burns slow. Check near the bottom of the top sticky for a good link to download Media Monkey. I think it will only allow a burn speed of 2.

If that doesn't work, buy a cheap DVD player and try that. Surprising enough the Chinese use a bit brighter laser than the 'good' brands and have a much easier time reading burned disks. They are great for burned DVDs that can't be burned all that slow.

4. PKOssie

PKOssie Member

thanks for replys still no joy. do i have to convert from mp3 to cd format before burning on media monkey

5. Mez

Mez Active member

You do need to pick "audio CD" (to be played by any player). It does all the conversions for you. If that doesn't work, it is likely your player does not read burned CDs. Do you have a DVD player plugged into your HiFi? If not you can get a very cheap DVD player made in China. As a rule, they play burned disks, both DVDs and CDs better than most expensive players.

6. Mez

Mez Active member

Roxio will also give you that error. It will even interfear with other burning apps. Roxio is the app from HELL! It does many things, all poorly.