1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Burner Question?????

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by T.kelly, Jan 14, 2004.

1. T.kelly

T.kelly Member

Hi, my CD Burner just died, it was a ATAPI CD-RW 16/12/40X and it wasn't that good; I'm going to purchase a new one, anyone have any ideas on a good model to purchase, or is a DVD burner better, as far as lasting longer than just under 2 yrs?

I would appreciate any advice.

Take Care.

2. bluenose

bluenose Guest

Hi,

DVD Burners are really cheap these days T.Kelly so i think buying one would be a good idea. As you may or may not know there is a format war going on with -r and +r so get a multi-format burner. As for a make....well I would personally go for pioneer. I have seen the A06 going for £90 and there is a possibility it will be able to burn the new dual layer discs when they come out. I bought the A05 last April for £245 so you can see how cheap they are becoming.

Hope this helps

3. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

i won't claim to know much, but i have read that the +r is drastically losing the battle and like blue said dual is on its way so....i'd say if you can hold off a little more...wait for something you know is dual layer and go that route.