1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Burning newbie with some questions.

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Gilgamel, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Gilgamel

Gilgamel Member

Hi, I just got my CD burner and I'm trying to backup some of my PC games. I know some of my questions may seem like repeats you've heard before but let me assure you I looked around with the search tool for over an hour and I still can't make heads or tails of what's going wrong. Anyway, here goes.

#1 B's recorder Gold5 came with my burner. It seems ok, and I was trying to backup Mafia. I tried to copy, and it seemed to copy everything. Then I tried to run it from the copied CD, and it wouldn't let me play because it said I needed to insert the disk. I tried to use Nero at a friend's house, but although it says the image is there, it doesn't show the files on the disk, just an image. It also won't allow me to play the game.

#2 I have a CD Burner now. I wasn't aware you could backup your x-box and PS2 games, but after coming here it seems you can. I am interested in do so, but there seem to be conflicting reports on what you need to do it. Do I need a DVDROM and Burner? Will just a CD Burner work as I have seen some people say it will?

Anyway thanks for answering, and I hope my questions get more complex as I learn what I'm doing. Appreciate the help.

Gilg

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Most of the burning/backup PC questions can found an answer in the threads shown on the main page ('backup protec CD..', 'quick guide..'. Read them first.

For the PS2 quetsions, move to the proper forum (and read their FAQ, first).