1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd burning problem

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by wei_c, Apr 13, 2005.

1. wei_c

wei_c Member

i have been having a cd burning problem.
    everytime i burn 2 video files onto a cd using RecordNow (the built in burner on windows XP), it goes fine. But then, when I play the cd, there will always be one specific part of the video that can't be played for some reason and it always happens to the first video in the cd. The second video works fine.
    I don't think it's something to do with the cd because I've tried 2 different ones and it's the same. It's also not the video's fault because it happens to the first video no matter what video it is.
    And I've tried switching off all my applications and anti viruses but still the problem occurs. I've also tried using Nero but it ends up even worse.
    Has anyone had this prob before or know of a way to fix it? Or is it a problem with my pc?

2. MilesAhed

MilesAhed Regular member

Since you already have Nero I'd advise you to turn off XP CD Burning services. Also it's a Very Good Idea to download TweakUI for XP from
    Microsoft and disable Autoplay for the CD/DVD burner(s). Both machines I've had with XP required a System Restore to get my CD/DVD burners working again because XP tried to Autoplay a CD I inserted when Nero was running. I recommend Nero 6603. Newer updates seem to give "protection error 127" and other strange errors when you drag and drop a video file on it. But AFAIK 6603 is rock solid.