1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Burning Track Timing

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by msk407c, Feb 28, 2005.

1. msk407c

msk407c Member

I have a HP Pavilion, Pentium 4 and I am having trouble burning CDs and playing them on my Car CD Player. Some songs (MPs) play and others take a very long time to go to the next track or the next track does not play at all. Tell me, what can I do to guarantee that the song will play and in a timely manner without having to wait for long periods of time. I have Sonic - CD Now Software is there something I am doing wrong.

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Home created Cd for your car have to be done on good media -- and some cars and/or trucks have Cd players that are very temperamental -- Ford F150 have this particularity ~~~smiles. It varies from year to year.

If you have people smoking in your car, you can expect your Cd player to become a bit troublesome due to that brown film obstructiong the laser head. Preliminary signs of that are skipping Cd playing .. !!

So burn at slow speed , on good quality media and hope for the best.

There's always the possibility that your Cd player radio combo is out of wack -- I had mine replaced under warranty after 3 years free of charge for the exact same reasons you are giving. All the Cd that were homemade that were skipping are now playing well.

Edited for typo !

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2005