1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd burning

Discussion in 'Audio' started by rydah, Jun 25, 2003.

1. rydah

rydah Guest

ive only just got a computer & dont know much about it, my problem is i cant burn certain music i have downloaded off the net, how can i convert them so i can? in lamens terms pls i dont know sh!t bout computer terms.thankx

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

Details? (File type - e.g. nicesong.mp3, nicesong.wma ...; what burning software do you use?)

3. minix

minix Member

dbPowerAmp will convert almost any format.

You have to convert to WAV format (44100Hz, 16 bits, stereo). Any burning program can burn WAV files to an Audio CD directly (the data inside a WAV and a CD-DA is the same).

There are a lot of programs that can burn MP3 files to a CD-DA directly, because they decode the files while burning.

I recommend you Feurio because it warns you if the MP3 files are corrupted. It's not an easy program, but the help teaches you everything about audio discs.

4. rydah

rydah Guest

i dont know wat the format of them are, i can burn the ones with the music match symbol, the ones i cant burn have like a box with lines threw it as the symbol?if that helps, thanx heaps

5. minix

minix Member

The extension of the files should help you to identify them.
    Windows default is to hide the extension of known file formats, which is one of the most stupid things I've ever seen.

Disable "Hide file extensions" in the options of your Windows explorer, and tell us what is the format.

Most music in the net is in the lossy MP3 format, but maybe those files aren't MP3.

6. rydah

rydah Guest

i did that & it aint showin me anything new?but im dl a file converter, & i should convert to wav? is that rite? thanx 4 your help man!!!!

7. minix

minix Member

what is the name of the files as tigre asked you?
    The extension is the letters after the dot and usually indicates the format of the file.

song.MP3 ?
    song.OGG ?
    song.APE ?

Yes, you have to convert to WAV 44100Hz, 16bits, stereo format.

8. rydah

rydah Guest

where it says type of file it just says FILE??? not mp3,wav ect. & the icon beside it is a box with green red & blue patches on it.all my other ones say mp3 ect, but not these ones & have the music match symbol as the icon.

9. rydah

rydah Guest

where it says type of file it just says FILE, not mp3,wav ect. & the icon beside it is a box with green red & blue patches on it.all my other ones say mp3 ect, but not these ones & have the music match symbol as the icon.