1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD-DA Error..

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gatlin01, Jan 7, 2005.

1. gatlin01

gatlin01 Member

Anyone able to help with this situation.

I`m using DVD X Copy plat.
    I have 3 different type of dvd players, computer, bed room, and living room.
    After I burn a dvd I can play it on 2 of the 3 players without a problem. Now the one in my room when I try to play the dvd I get a error called CD-DA (compact disc-digital audio, and the player still has the dvd splash screen and I get a very loud noise.
    That dvd player is a Lasonic DVT-3000.
    MP3, DTS, Dolby, Compac disc digital audio, video-cd.
    If anyone is able to help me out i would greatly appreaciate it.
    thks, ray

2. cruester

cruester Member

Not sure what the error is but make sure that player can play the type of DVDs your burning. Some players only play DVD-R or DVD+R. Most of the newer players will play both.

3. gatlin01

gatlin01 Member

I`m using Memorex DVD+RW for my movie burns, guess I will try DVD-R and see what happens.
    also anyone explain - / + means on dvd

4. cruester

cruester Member

Your DVD player might not read any DVD+RW or DVD-RW. Some have a harded time reading the Re-Writable format (RW). DVD-R and DVD+R look the same, but are actually different formats. You'll have to make sure your burner burns one or the other or both. If your burning DVD+RW then you should be able to burn DVD+R. Makes sure you can burn DVD-R before buying any new DVDs.

5. gatlin01

gatlin01 Member

My dvd burner supports:
    dvd+rw, dvd+5, dvd-5, dvd-9, dvd-rom, dvd-video, dvd-r, dvd-rw, cd-da, cd-rom (mode-1), cd-rom xa (mode-2), (form-1,form-2) or multi sesseion, photo cd, cd-i, video cd, enhanced cd^cd plus,cd-r/cd-rw, and audio cd.

reading mode dvd -rw/+rw, cd

so what your saying is that my dvd player might not beable to read -/+ rw formats but could read -/+ r formats? since rw and r are different formats?

6. gatlin01

gatlin01 Member

Well good news! I went and purchased couple DVD-R and burned couple movies and then tried playing them on the player that woudnt play the dvd-rw, well the dvd-r worked.

7. cruester

cruester Member

Glad to hear things worked out for ya.