1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Duplicator headache!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by CrAkD, Jul 6, 2011.

1. CrAkD

CrAkD Member

Hey guys I dont know who to ask about this so I figured you guys would probably know.

I built a duplicator with an Athena 1-11 Sata Duplicator controller 10 Samsung Light scribe CD/DVD burners. All i'm trying to do is make promo discs for my band. I've tried a number of different Medias. It seems that anything burned on my computer works on everything regardless of media but discs burned on the duplicator only work in certain cd players on the SAME media. Like ill burn a master with my computer and the master will be recognized in my computer as soon as its done. however if I take that master and duplicate it on the SAME MEDIA with the duplicator any of the copies wont be recognized in my computer. But will work in some car stereos and some computers but a lot of people think they got blank discs. It doesn't seem to be any specific thing either. I began testing cds I burned on a cd walkman from like 1990 and they played fine but the discs wont play in some car stereos in brand new cars.

Rather then switch to media that is super expensive and pretty much kill my ability to make 300-500 free cds for each show cheaply I have decided to try replacing the duplicator controller. Anyone have any recommendations?

2. Keuno

Keuno Member

Well I too have tried to built a CD duplicator of my own, but it was real mess to configure and get it working, every-time I faced new difficulties comes around, finally after so many fail attempts I decided to buy it from some reputable company. There were many but considering my investments and value for money I bought one from CDROM2GO.com, before purchasing from them I searched a lot for right CD duplicator tower which fulfills my production needs.

I think you can give a try from their line of CD duplicator range and find one which best fits your budget and needs from CDROM2GO.com

Thanks

3. Mez

Mez Active member

The professional duplicators I have seen REQUIRE a fairly high grade of blank media. Low grade media will often have a bad spot or two. If you want to go on the cheap for the media you will need as good as you can afford. Plextors are probably still the best but you might check the CD/DVD forum for something less expensive.