1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD\DVD gen? recording unit

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by davedumb, Oct 1, 2004.

1. davedumb

davedumb Guest

I have an original copy of Second Sight PS2. Using swap magic to boot up.

I always read this forum for help and you always do help me but I've been trying to get this backup running since it came out.

Some people say using DVD decripter will solve it. Nah, just another waste of disc. Nero doesn't do it either.

I used CD\DVD generator v1.5 and followed exactly what it said to do on swapmagicfix.com - I thought I was lovin' it until I click on the "rec" button.

It gives me 2 error messages.
    1. Recording unit not connected
    2. Innitialization failed.

Then it proceeds to load the recording unit onto my screen.

HOW DO I CONNECT THE RECORDING UNIT TO CD\DVD generator 1.5

I read on this forum of someone who solved the problem so I think it is possible. ALSO should I be using
    CDgenPS2 [ I think that only creates CD-rs] and I read somewhere about a similar program called CD gen [maybe just an appreeviation]

HHHEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please. lol

Out of interest, has anyone had a 1:1 copy working so far. Maybe with an internal modchip.

2. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

you don't connect the recording unit to cdvdgen, once it has popped up you click on file then export image then choose where to save and a name, then it will start to record, did you read the instuctions for changing the cm_dvpal.pss file?

3. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member