1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD/DVD Rom Isnt Detecting Any Cds.

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by OmfgHelp, May 25, 2007.

1. OmfgHelp

OmfgHelp Member

My Driver Is Lite-On DVDRW ShW-160H6S CP81 ... I tried updating but it wont work i can detect the driver from the device manager but it cannot detect the disc inserted in ... :( it just happen awhile ago.i could even double click E drive without a disc inside my cd reader.....

a pic of nero drive ..

http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/668296_Drive.JPG.html

2. flyingv

flyingv Guest

The first thing I would try is a lens cleaner. Your drive may have gotten some dust in it and the lazer may be smudged. This may work assuming the drive hasn't taken any hard blows and the lazer isn't misalinged. Have you done any firmware upgrades to this drive since the problem developed? If so, try rebooting you computer.

3. OmfgHelp

OmfgHelp Member

i tried to do fw upgrading but cant. and how do i clear my lens ?

4. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

goto the electronics department in your local retail store and ask for a laser lens cleaner for your dvd drive.

it will look just like a regulare cd/dvd but it will have brushes on the read side, these will clean the laser lens of your drive

also to check out is a program from microsoft called autofix, it is mainly used to repair autoplay/autorun problems but can solve other driver/registration problems

you could also try to go into device manager and "uninstall" the drive, restart, install the drive, and restart again. windows can be funky with drives sometimes

note: if you cant get the laser lens cleaner cd to run you can try to clean it with a can of compressed air

5. OmfgHelp

OmfgHelp Member

how much would that laser disc cleaner be ?

6. flyingv

flyingv Guest

They aren't much, about $6 or $8 bucks and they can be used on all of your optical drives in the house: stero, dvd player, etc...