1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD/DVDLOADER and more

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by kingsol, Aug 9, 2004.

1. kingsol

kingsol Guest

Ok yes there are lots of topics on DVDLoader. ANd yes I read many pages but am still unclear.

Lets start from the beginning shall we? Just installed my flip top last week. Have backed up three games so far. Fightnight which worked fine. Vice City, and Silent Hill 4 which dont at all.

Both of the non-working show a red bar at the swap disc screen using Swap Magic DVD. So after reading around I thought I would try DVDLoader. Well here is where I am confused.

I have both DVDLoader and CDLoader. According to swapmagicfix, you can load DVD's with CDLoader. IF this is the case what is the point of DVDLoader??

I can get CDLoader to work, and even get to the screen where it says insert DVD-R by EA method. but it doesnt load.

I cant even get DVDLoader to load. It freezes when I swap it with Swap Magic DVD.

I know this was long winded but can someone with some knowledge please put on the teacher hat and educate???

2. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

they're both the same thing. DVD loader was invented for V9/10 Ps2's bcuz they cant read CD loader too well. If u have V1-8 then use CD loader. I had many problems with CD loader, but got my games to boot fine. And be more specific....wut brand media, and +-r or +-rw....wut burning software....wut burner etc... i will be able to help u more if u gimme more info...also make sure u burn at the lowest speed possible
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V7 PS2
    SwapMagic w/ Slide Card
    HP DVD Writer 420i
    Maxell DVD-R
    DVD Decrypter, Nero, DVD Shrink, Alcohol 120%[/small]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
  3. aznbound

aznbound Regular member

Well for me, cd loader isn't a problem. It's to load it. I can't get swap magic cd to work. once i swap for the cd loader, the screen goes red. Is there any other way to load it?

4. kingsol

kingsol Guest

I have used sony -R and memorex +R media to burn. Have used nero and DVDDecryter. When I put the DVD's in my Computer DVD drive the disc looks as it should. But it wont load in the ps2.

Another question about burning speed. I have been burning at 1X. But DVD Devryter says burning speed supported 2X,4X. So should I try at 2X. It would seem wierd if you couldnt use 1X.

Thanks for the clarificarion about CD/DVDLoader.