1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Emulator suggestion

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by rinker, Jan 18, 2005.

1. rinker

rinker Member

Hi all,
    It's been a while since I have been on here but I need a suggestion so I came to the best place to ask. I just reloaded my kids PC and was previously using Virtual Drive for a CD emulator. I got it a few versions ago and before I upgrade to the latest I thought I would ask what is the best CD emulator software out there. I will be using it to load my kids games so they won't have to touch the CD's. They have enough games that I will need plenty of drive letters,

TIA

Rink

2. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

I would have to say Alcohol 120% is the best. Full version boasts 31 VD's. One problem though, newer games especially Securom v5.x have been blacklisting the VD's making it impossible to play off an image. You can however easily create a backup disc for play to save your original. The next release of Alcohol is pegged to fix all blacklist issues.(hopefully soon)Other than that the Alcohol team provide excellent support with their product.

3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

4. rinker

rinker Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to give the Alcohol trial a whirl and see how I like it.