1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd loader refuses to boot

Discussion in 'PS2' started by DH-, Aug 11, 2003.

1. DH-

DH- Guest

I've tried 4 different download sites, tried different burner programs on 2 different pcs. It refuses to boot for me. The only thing I can think of is that my ps2 is partly damaged. The eject button opens the tray, but it wont close it. Using the fliptop lid i've been able to switch discs. Ive used the smd cd disc plenty of times, but it constantly red borders with the cd loader program....any thoughts?

*edit- version 2 ps2*_X_X_X_X_X_[small]-DH[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2003
  2. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Do you have a version 7 ps2? If so that's the reason because cdloader doesn't work with version 7 ps2.

3. DH-

DH- Guest

Version 2 ps2, forgot that in the orig. post

4. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

If you haven't tried already try downloading it from this site http://www.hostultra.com/~liamv/cd_loader.htm because most people find this the most reliable source. However there have been cases where, even after fixing evey little thing that could possibly cause the cdloader not to work, it still won't work.

5. DH-

DH- Guest

I tried the cdrwin version from that page. Ive wasted 4 cds already on various sites for cdloader, is it worth wasting more? Does the source and what program you burn it in affect the outcome?

6. psx245

psx245 Regular member

try fireburner. this happen to my friend with cdrwin. and he used fireburner and it worked great. nero works too for him also.