1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Loader won't boot

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by MeNDeez, May 20, 2004.

1. MeNDeez

MeNDeez Member

After reading a million topics about how to get Soul Calibur 2 backups to work, I've come to the conclusion I need CD Loader...I cannot get it to boot

I have Memorex CD-R's and a cdburner that gets the job done =/(an old Iomega)...the cd's seem to burn fast, but it simply won't boot

I have a V4 PS2 and I got the correct CD Loader for it...I've tried:

CD Magic Swap 3.0> GTA: Vice City for TOC> CD Loader

DVD Magic Swap 2.0>DVD Magic Swap 3.0(the Olsfan thing)>GTA: Vice City for TOC>CD Loader

but nothing seems to work..please help, sorry if this has been asked before...I double checked and found nothing

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

ok try this way:-
    boot swapmagic cd when booted swap for cdloader by flip/slide press x
    when cdloader boots press eject and swap for swapmagic dvd or large toc orignal dvd ps2 game press eject to send in
    wait for it to say ps2 dvd in lower left of tv screen when that appears press x
    wait for it to say swap by ea method
    when that appears on tv swap for backup by flip/slide press x your game should now boot

3. joeybob

joeybob Member

I am having problems with Soul Calibur II also. I followed the exact instructions I found on a site for booting a DVD, they are the same as devilhunt's instructions. I have tried booting it so many time with the same result.

When I get to the part that says insert DVD by EA method I do so, then hit X, then the screen turns green then black like it is about to boot. But after the screen turns black after a few seconds, the PS2 gets really noisy, kind of like the lazer eye is going crazy. It just continues to make the noise and the screen stays black forever.

I have a version 7 ps2, and I pick CDLoaderVersion7beta 3 because SwapMagicFix site said to pick Beta 3 for version 7 PS2s. Does anyone know what the problem is???

Last edited: May 21, 2004
  4. MeNDeez

MeNDeez Member

Thanks for trying, devilhunt, but it didn't work. This is the screen I got.
    [​IMG]

When you said swap for CD Loader, did you mean at the screen that says "Load Program" and "Video Mode" or something? That's where I swapped at and pressed X. Does CD Loader not need a TOC? It didn't work with one anyway...

I think my question may have been misleading...my goal is not to get the game to work....(well ok, it is overall..) but it is to get CD Loader to boot...without getting this screen constantly.

As a note, I'm pretty sure I am swapping/burning correctly as I have already backed up and played Twisted Metal: Black successfully(then again, that was a DVD....though it shouldn't be much different)

Lastly, I noticed that the sizes of swapmagicfix.com's cd loader is different from the one at Tidus....neither work yet anyway by any method I can think of

Last edited: May 21, 2004
  5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

joeybob it sounds like you have got a bad backup of soul calibur 2 because when the ps2 "gets real noisy"it usualy means its struggling to read the disc

mendeez from what i think your saying you get that screen when you swap from swapmagic cd to cd loader and press x(please correct me if i have got you wrong),from your first post you said it seemed to burn fast,burning cdloader at a high speed can cause loading problems try burning it at 4x also what program did you use to burn cd loader

6. joeybob

joeybob Member

Hmmmm, ok. Could it be the media I used?? I used Memorex DVD+R for the backup, I backed it up from an original Soul Calibur II DVD. And I am pretty sure I used CDRWIN 5 to burn it. Could it be the DVD+R I used? I am probably gonna buy some Ritek G04 DVD-R soon, maybe that will work better?

7. MeNDeez

MeNDeez Member

Yes, you got me right, devilhunt. But no, I wasn't burning at a very high speed. I burned at 4x I believe. I used Alcohol 120% to burn it, and it took no more than 3 minutes(it's not a very big cd though either...21.8 MB). As an extra it reads fine on my comp, and is the exact size as the cdloader.iso(21.8 MB)

Once again my media is Memorex CDR, which should at least be sufficient for a small task like this. Is it possible that my ps2 just sucks?

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

joeybob it could be the media your using as some people here at afterdawn do have succesful results with memorex while others have nothing but problems with that brand it seems a bit hit and miss with that brand of media and the ps2,would recomend you try the ritek g04 discs as i have had no problems with them myself also try to avoid the datasafe/write and orange over print g04 discs

mendeez it seems you either got a bad burn or a bad copy of cdloader did you follow the burning instructions for burning cdloader,have you tried burning it with a different piece of software,i would think that your cdr discs should be fine and doubt that your ps2 just sucks!

9. Lasse87

Lasse87 Regular member

What does [bold]exactly[/bold] CD-loader? What about DVD-loader?
    I heard, that when you only got the Swap Magic DVD, you still can play PS2 CD-games with the loader. Is that true?
    I thought it this way:
    1)Put the Swap Magic DVD into your PS2-console
    2) Boot the DVD loader with Swap
    3) When prompted, insert PS2 CD backup and enjoy

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007