1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Loader wont work

Discussion in 'PS2' started by hend0, Jul 29, 2003.

1. hend0

hend0 Member

I cant get this to work on my v4 pal ps2 with flip top. I've tried a few different downloads and have made 11 coasters up to now. I just keep getting a red boarder after the swap magic cd. I've searched here and followed the advice in numerous threads, with no luck. Lots of people seem to be having difficulties with this but eventually get it to work. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2003
  2. hend0

hend0 Member

???????

3. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

How did you go about burning it and what brand cd-r did you use. Those are usually the problems that cause the cdloader not to work. I burned the iso file at 1x to a Maxell cd-r and it worked pefectly. Also in case you don't already know you have to burn it to 650mb cd-r not 700mb cd-r. Or the problem could simply be that you are booting it wrong. Make sure you follow these instructions exactly:

1. Burn this image to CDR- use PrimoDVD as it's an .iso file.
    2. Insert your Swap Magic v2.0 "CD" disc and boot it.
    3. Swap it with the CD-R you just burned using the Flip-Top Cover or similar method.
    4. Once it boots (very obvious), eject the CD-R using the PS2 *EJECT* button.
    5. Insert your SM2 "DVD" disc (other PS2 original with a high TOC may work also)
    6. Press X when the original is recognized in the lower left of the screen.

This will NOT boot your game!!! It will simply stop the DVD from spinning so you can swap! =]

7. Now swap with your DVD-R backup you wish to boot using the Flip-Top Cover or similar method.
    8. Press X.
    9. There you go!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]You are probably wondering how I came up with the name Hanedrick. Well... the name Hanedrick is a very distorted version of my sisters name and I call her that whenever I want to get on her nerves which is like 24/7.
    Version 5 ps2.
    Fliptop Cover/smd[/small]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2003
  4. hend0

hend0 Member

Thanks for the advice. I have used 3 different brands of cd-r, but they were all 700mb in size. I'll try a 650mb and see if it works. Why does it have to be 650mb? I have backed up cd based games on 700mb disks and they work fine with my swap magic 2.0.

5. dreamwave

dreamwave Member

i have just burned the iso file on 700mb
    imation cd using nero but it didnt work
    the file size is about 22mb
    im trying to boot cd loader with action replay
    using no s.mod
    can anyone test it and tell me if it works?
    do i have to burn the file on 650mb
    thanks

6. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

When burning cd based games or any cd based thing that the ps2 boots you should definately use 650mb cd-r's. I've tried to backup cd-r games that were 540mb to a 700mb cd-r and didn't work. Just go ahead and burn it to a 650mb cd-r._X_X_X_X_X_[small]You are probably wondering how I came up with the name Hanedrick. Well... the name Hanedrick is a very distorted version of my sisters name and I call her that whenever I want to get on her nerves which is like 24/7.
    Version 5 ps2.
    Fliptop Cover/smd[/small]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2003
  7. dreamwave

dreamwave Member

thanks hanedrick for your fast answer
    i couldnt find 650mb cd i found sony
    cd writable 650mb does it work?
    about the cd loader site and burner
    do you recomend anything.

8. Xian

Xian Regular member

Still no luck for me, I have downloaded CD Loader from 3 different places (all had the same file size and date though) and followed the instructions exactly. I even went and specially bought Maxell 650 meg cdrs, burnt at 1x with Prassi. I get a red border on swapping them with the Swap Magic boot cd. I have successfully backed up 20+ cd based games and they work fine, only the CD Loader refuses to work. So far I have tried with Maxell, Imation, Verbatim, and generic brand cds. I tried 2 Maxell 650 megs with both Nero and Prassi. I have a v2 PS2 bought at launch, so maybe that is the problem, but then why does 20+ other cd backups and all my dvd backups work, but not cd loader? As I said in an earlier thread on this subject, I haven't made this many coasters since my first CDR in 1994.

9. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Xian: you have got me... all I know is I know is I burned it to a Maxell 650mb cd-r with a Microsolutions backpack DVD Rewriter using SpeedyCD and burning it at 1X. Then I played it on my version 5 ps2.

10. Xian

Xian Regular member

No problem, thanks for your help. It's not that big a deal anyway. The only game I have that requires it is Baldurs Gate so I will just have to take extra care with my original since I can't play the backup. I was just hoping to get it working in case there are more in the future that don't work without using cd loader.

11. hend0

hend0 Member

Hanedrick, could you tell me where you downloaded cdloader from, so I can try burning an image that definitely works.

Thanks.

12. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

13. Azathoth

Azathoth Member

The version I downloaded was in bin/cue format. Burned a copy in both Nero and CDRWin at 16x on 80 minute disks. Both burns work fine in a V4 & V7 with flip top and SM 2.

BTW, burning onto an 80 minute disk doesn't affect the PS2, it's burning data past the 74 minute mark that does.

14. dreamwave

dreamwave Member

i just burn all the file in the site
    above with tdk 650mb using 8x
    it doesnt work and i have ps2
    v5 so which file is the best
    from that site?

15. robert34

robert34 Guest

do ps2 support the mode 1 cd. because i try burning cd loader with fireburner. and it said mode 1 and i burned it and it did not boot, then i went to the options and said convert mode 1 to mode 2 and then it worked

16. dreamwave

dreamwave Member

could you please tell us
    how did you get your cd loader
    copy work and what option
    are you talking about?

17. hend0

hend0 Member

Azathoth, you are a fusking diamond my friend!
    What you said works perfectly. Thanks for the excellent advice!!!!!!!!!!

18. Azathoth

Azathoth Member

Robert34, you're correct, the PS1/2 doesn't support mode 1 data tracks.

19. Xian

Xian Regular member

Thanks guys. Even I am finally working with Hanedricks and Azathoths suggestions. The bin/cue file is what did it for me. I had tried 3 different iso files, and the bin/cue from the site Hanedrick posted worked. My kids are playing the backup of Baldur's Gate now testing it out. That was the only game I had that wouldn't work with the normal swap magic/fliptop method. I burnt the bin at 1x using the freeware burnatonce and it worked fine. I guess I need to update my CDR Win, it wouldn't do DAO with my Pioneer 105 so I couldn't get it to work.