1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Loader

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by steimy, Jan 16, 2005.

1. steimy

steimy Active member

Ok, i have a problem, i have read the how to's on using CD Loader. Put in Swap Majic CD version, Swap to CD loader, then to Swap Majic DVD version, then to the dvd backup. The problem is for some reason, when i put in the Swap Majic CD version the PS2 goes to the red screen that tells me to insert a valid PS2 format disc? It will not even read it. It has no problem with the DVD version. I also loader a music CD and had no problems there either. Any ideas, or am i just screwed. It is for True Crime-Streets Of LA game. Is there any other way to play this games backup? Or a patch for it to avoid the whole CD Loader thing altogether?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Thanks, i'll give that a try because CD Loader just won't play in my PS2. I have tried it several times by burning to a CDR with no luck. BTW nice ride!
    Someone also told me that you could copy the bin file into the same folder as your ISO for the game, and it will replace a bin file in the game and work that way without all the extra swapping? Anyone know anything about that method.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

P>s>
    can anyone give me burning iunstructions for DVD Loader? can you just take the files and burn them without doing anything else? Do you have to open them or exrtact them first? Do you burn both the Bin & Cue files?

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

for dvd loader, there are no bin and cue files. you open it with winrar and it gives you an iso. You burn that to a dvd just like you do with game iso's.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  6. steimy

steimy Active member

well, when i burned DVD Loader, it did work. Unfortunatley, the game still didn't. It may just not be burning correctly due to the scratches on the disc. Not sure. I did all the swaps like the instructions say. It goes to the screen where it use to lock up at the start. then the whole screen just turns yellow, and thats all that happens. still didn't load the game.
    Oh well, it's been out for a while now so i figure i'll just buy a new copy. should be pretty cheap.

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

when dvd loader loads, hit x and it will bring up the options menu. select the 5v3 NO PN option, then continue with the directions.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

Thanks, i'll try that tomorrow when i get the chance.
    I'm still deciding if True Crime is a good enough game for all te hassle of swaping discs 3 times.
    Do you know if the new Swap majic 3.3 will eliminate the need to do all this? I have it on order, so if it does it will make things so much easier.
    [​IMG]
    How can i get picture in my signature? I put he same link in my signature in the "edit personal information" part of the site where i have it, but it only showed up when i entered it manually into my post? Sorry i know this is a bit off topic, but since you have one i figure you know.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  9. steimy

steimy Active member

changed those settings at lunch today, and the game worked! Thanks man. Will i have to do that every time, or will those settings now be my default

10. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you have to do it everytime. But, i think swap magic 3.3 eliminates the need for cd loader.