1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cd-r At wal-mart

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by pchan424, Dec 25, 2004.

1. pchan424

pchan424 Member

Hi i was wondering if someone could answer for me which brand would be the most trusted i could buy from wal-mart. I just got a 100 spindle of durabrand cd-r's for christmas.. i really hate anything durabrand makes so their cd-s have to be crap to. correct me if im wrong. but i planned on taking them back to exchange them out and i wanted some advice on what i should get at wal-mart. oh also is there a good program to identify the cd-r quality like i have dvd identifier for my dvd-rs. I tried CDR Identifier which i found and i cant get it to recognize my burner or dvd-ram drive. So in turn i cant check my cd's. thanks

Last edited: Dec 25, 2004
  2. daveski

daveski Member

i bought a very cheap, and very reliable 50-pack of CD-Rs from Wal-Mart not too long ago. The brand was Pengo Technologies. seemed liek a cheap compnay to me, but they are the only cd-rs that i've never ran into a problem with, wheter its when using them as VCDs, CD-Roms, or audio cds or mp3 cds for my car stereo. give them a try.

3. pchan424

pchan424 Member

We dont have that brand out our wal-mart but i brought to durabrands back and bought a 50 spindle of maxell color cd-r's i dont really like the fact that they come in colors but i figured id give them a try since i read some good things about maxell and when i ran them through cdridentifier the manufacturer is Ritek which is also a good one. so i think a did good on these. i will give them rigerous work throughs to test em out.

ATIP: 97m 15s 17f
    Disc Manufacturer: Ritek Co.
    Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
    Media type: CD-Recordable
    Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
    nominal Capacity: 702.82MB (79m 59s 70f / LBA: 359845)

50 spindle of maxell CD-R color. 48 max burning speed
    They were only like $14.44 which isnt bad for 50 cds

these look to be promising

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004