1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD-R & DIVX Player

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by J1NXS, Jan 24, 2008.

1. J1NXS

J1NXS Member

Alright well im having this problem. I throw a 700MB avi file (movie) onto a cd-r fine and pop it in my divx player and it will start out fine then a few times through out the movie it will skip for a second i dunno why its doing that. Its not the CDS cuz they are brand new. Does anyone else have this problem and know what i can do to fix it??

when i add the file as a DATA FILE and burn it to the cd it takes only 4-5 mins writeing at 56X or so. Im wondering if i should try burning it at the lowest speed (4X) but on the other hand its not the whole movie thats messed up its just in some parts it skips. Sometimes i can watch a movie fully and have no skips at all. So i dunno really what the heck i should do.

Any help would be good

2. J1NXS

J1NXS Member

3. J1NXS

J1NXS Member

need help still :(

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

First you should slow down the burn speed...not to X4, since you don't burn a Video Disc, but X24 or so would be okay.
    Second, "brand new discs" means nothing when it comes to quality. The disc could be 5 years old,be great quality disc and give you very good results. new disc is not equal with a quality disc. What is the brand of discs that you're are using?
    Also, if your avi is 700Mb, it might be too big for your CD and you're overburning, which means it might not always have a good playback.

Burning onto a CD-R it kinda defeats the whole purpose of compressing the video...so you could put 4-5 movies onto one disc, a DVD. A DVD burner you can get it nowadays for around $30.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  5. J1NXS

J1NXS Member

The CDs are Memorex

ill try burning at a slower speed and see if that helps.

For the most part the movies are 700MB or less

6. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Memorex not so good. I would get some Sony or Verbatim.