1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD-R rip of DVD?

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by Chiefssj3, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Chiefssj3

Chiefssj3 Member

Hi, I'm trying to play a patched cd-r rip of Winning Eleven 8 using the swap method. The games looks like it's going to load, but all I get is a black screen. The cd does spin but nothing loads. I followed the instuctions to rip the dvd to cd, so I should work. I've tried cogswaploader and cdloader v7+ but both give me the same problem. Maybe it's a problem with TOC refresh? I don't know, I'm new to all this. Also, most guides say to load with a ps2 dvd, but I assume that since it's a cd, you should use a psx cd? Thanks.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

how big is it?

3. Chiefssj3

Chiefssj3 Member

It's 631.54mb, but I think the problem is that I have been using a psx cd and not a ps2 cdrom format cd. Can you load a cd with a dvd? Or must you use the cdrom? Problem is, I don't have any ps2 cdrom games.

4. G4m3rDud3

G4m3rDud3 Member

NO
    when u load ur cdloader it shud tell u wat media type it is : ex. Ps2 CD or Ps2 DVD
    press triangle in the cdloader screen, tat shud let ur tray out then put a regular ps2 dvd game inside, then use the slide card trick..if im wrong pls correct me
    o yea wat Cd-r u use to burn?

5. Chiefssj3

Chiefssj3 Member

Ok, I figured out what the problem was. I was trying to patch the game after ripping it.