1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd-r won't work in dvd player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by spanishi, May 12, 2004.

1. spanishi

spanishi Member

help please. i made a cd-r with pictures and music created with windows movie maker, like a time line. it's like a slide show with music. when i do just photos it plays in my dvd player(sanyo & cyberhome), but when i add the music, it won't play in my dvd's. it will play perfectly fine om my pc using windows media, but not in my dvd player. help please. is it my dvd player/ can this resolved?

2. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

Can your dvd player play MP3's or whatever the format of the music you added on? You mentioned it played normal cd-r's so that should be fine. Also did you burn it as a VCD?

3. spanishi

spanishi Member

my dvd will play a cd-r with 700 mb fine as long as there are only pictures, but as soon as i put music, it won't play. how do i change the format to make it all fit. please understand i'm very new to this, if you could give me step by step instructions. here's what i do, i make a slide show on windows movie maker and then when i'm done itask me if i want to share to cd, so i click on that, then it will start saving it to the cd. it will play fine on windows media on my pc, but it won't play on my dvd. i had one person tell me it could be my speed(48x) i don'y know what that is or how can i find out if i have this speed.i thought it could be my dvd player, but it takes mp3 and pictures. i know there has to be a way to do this, i just need some step by step instructions. thank u so much. how do i burn it as a VCD?