1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD RIP = AUDIO SKIP ??????????????

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by NINRH8R, Jan 10, 2008.

1. NINRH8R

NINRH8R Member

Ok, i am just trying to rip a CD to my hard drive and the audio is skipping/jumping....not just one skip, but i mean continuous skipping.....nero has been working fine in the past, but all of a sudden its not working anymore.

Anybody have a clue what i may try?....i am running windows vista, and my drivers all updated.

2. NINRH8R

NINRH8R Member

Well i got Nero 8 today, and i still have the same problem.....so i guess Nero is not the issue.

Thanks for no help!

3. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

What brand of discs are you using and what is your burn speed, you can post a Nero history log

Nero 7 history log location: Program Files>Nero>Nero 7>Core>NeroHistory

VISTA: …. Desktop/Your Comp Name/App Data/Roaming/Ahead/Nero History

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

I think he is having problems during ripping, and not burning? maybe I got it wrong..

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Yep...appears to be the case...my bad..sorry

7. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Lol...
    I was reading some about audio skip during rip...didn't find much, but some place overheating and DMA off was the case

8. NINRH8R

NINRH8R Member

yep the problem is with RIPPING ONLY!!.....i can burn dvds/cds with no problems at all.......really pissing me off!

9. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Did you try a different ripper? This way you can confirm if Nero is the problem or maybe you are having some other issues...

10. NINRH8R

NINRH8R Member

i can't even RIP to itunes..........it says its importing, but after its finished i go to the music library and the titles are there but no song, and the other strange thing is the length/time of the song reads 764:00:00.......

when i use nero it seems to be ripping rapidly for some reason....going to play with speeds tomorrow when i am home.

11. killalot

killalot Active member

I had a problem some time ago now when ripping music to my hardrive try MP3 burner by acoustica and in the options slow down your read speed I choice 18x speed worked for me

12. NINRH8R

NINRH8R Member

same s*it different day...........this morning i got a copy of winamp from a friend.... i installed it, and tried to rip a cd and got the samr problem......i watched winamp rip, rip, rip rip through all 13 tracks with 30secs. it placed it song in its folder but nothing played.

suks to be me i guess!!

13. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

NINRH8R:

One, calm down, as frustrating as your problem is, there is a solution.

Two, the ripping programs your using Nero/WMP are just plain crap.
    Download dBPowerAmp, it's a freeware app, that comes with it's own CD Ripper which is absolutely top-notch. Give it a go and see if it works.
    And lastly, just a hunch, but I think your ripping the CD way too fast. Slow it down to 2x-4x speed.

Also, is the disc your trying to rip from a commercial CD, a CD+R, old/new, scratched or what?

14. killalot

killalot Active member

If he has to rip an audio cd at 2x or 4x something else is wrong 15 years ago maybe but this day and age should be able to rip at least 18x or at min 12x and have no problems

15. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

I rarely rip CDs nowadays, and if I remember I had no problems even ripping with Windows Media Player.
    I understand the ideea of slowing down the rip-but to X2 or X4- I think that is a little exterme. If you cant drivefaster than 50mph because your car starts shaking at 60mph, you take it to the mechanic and fix it, you dont't just settle for a low crappy speed. Even if you are successful ripping @2, you still have an issue that would be "covered up" not fixed.
    EDIT: @killalot
    Didn't see your post before posting myself! Didn't want to reiterate what you said! Sorry man(or girl:~)!)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  16. killalot

killalot Active member

No prob cyprusrom and its Sir to you if he could post a log so we can see what’s going on it would help people think ripping audio cd’s is a walk in the park it should be but it only takes one issue and it can balls the lot up I only rip disk’s at 2x or 4x if the disk is badly scratched any other time its 18x and have no problems