1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd-rom back-up problem w/ lego star wars

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by woobong, Mar 31, 2005.

1. woobong

woobong Member

hopefully one of you can please help me:

i burned a backup of lego star wars using alchohol 120% and it looks as if the game is on my cd-r correctly. when i use my magic swap 3.3 the game reads not a valid ps2 file. is there a patch or something i need? please help! thanks so much!

2. nakanenui

nakanenui Member

I tried using burn at once program to copy this game, but it didnt work. 3 coasters. For PS2 cd based games, is there a preferred program (burnatonce, clondcd, etc) and instructions... I am going to look at the guides section, but just in case, can someone provide insight.

3. woobong

woobong Member

please let me know what you find out. i cannot look right now because i am studying for an exam i have tomorrow. thanks bro

4. woobong

woobong Member

is it possible that this can work on a dvd? when i tried to burn on dvd via dvd decrypter it had said that the format didnt match, so i stopped there.

when trying to use cdr win it says, no supported cdrom burner was found! dont know if it is my burner or not?

5. Rubbish

Rubbish Member

I backed it up last night with no problem. I used Nero and a Memorex CD-R. The CD burner I used is a cheap Media Stor 52x burner. I used 8x speed.

I booted up the Swap Magic 3.3 CD and put the game in when it said load program. The game fired right up and plays fine.

I have a version 1 PS2 (old school!).

6. darkner

darkner Guest

i also got the game for back up but i copied it onto a cd cause my burner only goes at 19x n 32x so i burned it at 19x n it boots up fine on my ps2 but when the game starts the disk starts spinning like crazy. it goes way to fast i think so im trying to burn it on a dvd. i made a .mdf file of the game then when i go to burn it using dvd dycrypter i go to iso then write then i pick the .ndf file n an error says cant burn multi layer files or something like that. does anyone know how to burn this game onto dvd? plz help

7. darkner

darkner Guest

also how do u buurn it with nero onto a cd?

8. Rubbish

Rubbish Member

I have Nero 6, seleted the CD rom as the reader and writer. Set the speed to 8x and that's basically it. The default settings in Nero are already good to go, I think even finally CD is checked for you but if not you should check that box.

9. nakanenui

nakanenui Member

I finally got it to work last night. Using nero smartstart, I picked cd mode, copy cd, selected the drive, etc. saved image as *.nrg and burned away. I think someone should make a sticky thread that gives successful directions to copy cd based ps2 games using various programs. Nero is pretty easy to use, so if you are having troubles, just ask. Hope this info helps.

10. darkner

darkner Guest

tell me step by step how to burn using nero burning rom(nero 6) and a empty dvd

11. nakanenui

nakanenui Member

dont think you understand that lego star wars is a CD, not a DVD. Use nero smartstart, select cd (upper right corner), under data select copy cd (something like that, since I dont have nero on my work comp). Then set your save path, burn settings, etc. It should save the file as tempimage.nrg or something like it, where you told the program to save your file, then click burn... pretty simple. Try playing around with nero (without burning) to get a feel for it, then you should be a pro in no time. Give it a shot, because everyone here who got stuff to work had to do some trial and error on their part.

12. woobong

woobong Member

hey man i actually got it to burn to a dvd:

mad props to captain howdy for this:

Ok so you got this game that is on cd and cant boot PS2 cds on your system, you want to put them on dvd.
    First make sure you have everything installed.
    1. Make a folder somewhere you wont forget where it is name it whatever you want, I just make it on my desktop, and keep called new folder.
    2. Using Iso Buster extract all the files and folders from your "cd" image to you "new folder" on your desktop.
    3. Open Nero burning rom (I dont use express so these instructions will not use it). Start a new compilation.
    4. Make sure you select dvd in the drop menu, it may say cd now but chage it.
    5. Scroll down all the way and select Dvd-Rom (UDF/ISO).
    6. On the mutisession tab select no multisession.
    7. On the ISO tab make sure there are no check marks in any of the boxes, (there is one that is greyed out that says allow more than 64 charecters, dont worry about this).
    8. Still on the ISO tab file name length should be max of 11 = 8 + 3chars Iso level 1
    9. Still on ISO tab charecter set should be iso 9660 (standard iso cd rom)
    10. Next under UDF tab UDF partion type should be Physical Partition
    11. Still inder UDF tab file system version should be UDF 1.02
    12. Leave force dvd-video compatability uchecked
    13. Under the label tab make up a name for you compilation
    14. Dates tab leave it alone it doesnt matter
    15. Misc tab make sure each box has a check mark
    16. Burn tab, if it is going to be less than s gigs burn at your slowest speed, otherwise dont worry too much
    17. Hit the new button
    18. Browse to your folder you created and put all the files and folders in there just the way they are
    19. Hit burn
    20. Sit back and wait
    21. Play game using your favorite booting method for dvd's

Just remember this only works like 90% of the time

i have heard about problems with the it playing on cd so hopefully this can help some people out too!

13. kill3rb

kill3rb Member

for me i used Nero 6.6 and for some reason it won't get passed the beginning part. It'll load fine, but after it says "a galaxy far away" it just goes black. I cna't get to the menu. So what am i doing wrong?

14. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

I just did a direct 1:1 copy using nero smartstart and it boots fine with Swap Magic 3.2 CD Version. V4 PS2

15. kill3rb

kill3rb Member

i have sm 3.0 does that matter?

16. darkner

darkner Guest

like i burned it with nero at 8c speed but when i put the game into my ps2 you can hear the disk spinning very fast. can anyone else hear it also?

17. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

The first time I burned it at 8x and the disk was going fast and making weird noises. I then burned it at the slowest I could (2x) and it seems quieter. Does anyone know if I convert it to DVD will it work with HDAdvance?

18. darkner

darkner Guest

what program u use to burn at 2x cause with 8x the ps2 n the disk heats up fast n takes long to cool down.

19. glinja

glinja Member

try what woobong did chaps,and convert it to dvd, i tried this and i works fine!!

20. Nealio

Nealio Regular member

I did what woobong said to do to back it up on a DVD-R and it loaded flawlessly. When I tried it with a CD-R it made horrible noises, spun way too fast, and wouldn't get past the long time ago in a galaxy far, far away part.

So far I have played the first level and it has worked just fine.

Thanks for the tutorial guys.