1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd rom wont work after installing xp service pack...HELP

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by dakotarae, Sep 29, 2004.

1. dakotarae

dakotarae Guest

Hey..First time here..need help bad. My cd rom quit working coincidently after installing xp service pack about a month ago.. went ahead and installed service pack 2 yesterday, no fixes in there. It seems that I've tried everything including a HP System recovery..didn't work. Thing is, I;m not getting any type of error message, when I run diagnostics it says it's running fine. It will open but NOTHING will play. I can go into My Computer and the only response I get is out of the "eject" button. I dont know what else to do and of course Microsoft was of no help. It may just be a coincidence as to the timing of the downloads but it all worked fine before. Anybody please help me with any ideas.

Thanks in advance

2. diver1

diver1 Member

ME Too!! I installed XP SP2 and norton 2004 and now I cant eject. I have to reboot ad then I can eject but after a while it stops working. I'm convinced its SP2...any ideas PLEASE!!!

3. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

Have you checked the manufacture's (cd-rom) web site to see if there are any updates concerning sp2

4. diver1

diver1 Member

thats what microsoft told me to do also. I have an NEC2500 DVD writer. Visited the NEC website and there are NO drivers let alone an update for SP2!! Still confused!!

5. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

You can always reverse SP2 -- and go back to SP1 !

But first I would stop Norton -- then go to device manager and uninstall that burner and reboot.