1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD-R's

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by vcdnewbie, Feb 12, 2003.

1. vcdnewbie

vcdnewbie Guest

I’m having trouble creating VCD’s can anyone help!!!
    I’m using Nero to create the VCD but when I play it on my DVD player the picture stutters. Yesterday I was trying to correct the problem and used a CD-WR to copy onto and it worked, but when I tried the same with my less expensive CD-R it screwed up again.
    Does the disk you burn on to have to be a certain type for VCD’s?
    Please help because this is frustrating!!!

2. 89stang

89stang Guest

Its not your media (cdr's/rw's). The problem is occuring somewhere in your rip/encode/burn process. Many more details needed to help.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

It depends on your stand-alone. Some stand-alones (especially SONY) have issues with some media! I find memorex media good with mine!

4. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

Try a couple of things... Burn at the slowest speed and see what happens. If no change, try using tmpgenc to created the vcd and not nero (use nero to just burn the cd)

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

But make sure you use nero to burn because it gives the least trouble burning but ye, dont encode with it because it just cant encode!