1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD-RW Audio CD?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by agent_c, Apr 14, 2003.

1. agent_c

agent_c Member

Could someone please clarify... Is is possible to burn an AUDIO CD in CD-RW format, that will play in a standard CD player? If so, what software would I need?

Much obliged!

A_C

2. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

Yes it is, but it is heavily dependent on the CD Player's ability or inability to play CDRW's

3. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Nothing special is needed. Just burn the audio to a CD-RW, but as Racemaan already said - your player needs to support CD-RW (many players don't).

4. SzicoVII

SzicoVII Member

yeah, mine playes cdrw, and this is the wierd thing, my dvd player will only play cd-rw movies, not cd-r, whats wrong witht that?

5. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Not the first time I hear that. Some players apparently play RW:s better than R:s. Check out our dvd forums, there is quite a bit of talk about these issues.

6. ScaTy

ScaTy Guest

Why would anyone want to burn music to the more expensive cd-rw format?. Using a good program (CloneCD) or (Alcohol 120%) will give you excellent results with cd-r media that you know is going to work in any cd player.

7. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

ScaTy,

To burn music for only temporary use? And CD-RW isn't that expensive anymore.

8. ScaTy

ScaTy Guest

cd-rw.org..........Sorry if i came across as being rude. But to add to your point the cost of cd-r/rw media is cheap, so is it worth spending money on cd-rw media that you are not going to be able to use for backing up music if your cd player doesn't support it. I cant see the point in having media your never gonna use for the purpose you bought it. I also made the mistake of buying cd-rw that was not compatible with my player.It maybe I'm tight lol :)

9. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

The reason I use CDRW's for some audio is to test out the peak audio levels and listen for distortion etc....

Later on when everythings right, I use a CD-R.