1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD-RW can burn, but not CD-R

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Caff, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Caff

Caff Member

Hi,

I recently installed your CD-RW drive, and after installing it, the drive won't work. I'm sure the connections are right, and so is the master/slave settings. After doing this, i turned on my computer, double-clicked on "My computer" and noticed that there is a new drive there(E:/) If this new CD-RW was detected by my computer, how come it doesn't work? I try to copy a file to the CD-RW drive, but it doesn't copy. I put a blank CD in there too, and no, it's not defected, because i tried it with 3 blank CD-RWs.

My PC:
    200 mhz
    64 mb ram
    4 GB
    Thank you.

2. Caff

Caff Member

Now after i format my CD-RW, it can be burn with, but then the CD-R still don't work.

Please help

3. Caff

Caff Member

Hi again,
    sorry, but let me rephrase my question.

I recently installed a CD-RW drive, and after installing it, the drive won't work. I'm sure the connections are right, and so is the master/slave settings. After doing this, i turned on my computer, double-clicked on "My computer" and noticed that there is a new drive there(E:/) If this new CD-RW was detected by my computer, how come it doesn't work? I try to copy a file to the CD-RW drive, but it doesn't copy. I put a blank CD in there too, and no, it's not defected, because i tried it with 3 blank CD-RWs.

My PC:
    200 mhz
    64 mb ram
    4 GB
    Thank you.

uh, is there a "edit" button?

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

What software are you using when you are trying to burn CD-R discs?

5. Caff

Caff Member

I'm using Nero 5.5, since it came with my drive.

6. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

So to summarize: Your drive does work with CD-RWs as it should (using any software), but it doesn't work with regular CD-Rs?

What drive is it - brand & model?

Try upgrading Nero & drive firmware - I doubt that Nero update will help if the Nero was bundled with your drive. Try some other CD-R software to see if there is any difference.

It think that your drive might be defect, but try eliminating the chances of software errors first.

7. Pio2001

Pio2001 Moderator Staff Member

What kind of blank CDR is it ? Maybe it's a bad brand.

8. Caff

Caff Member

well, it finally works today. I downloaded a new software called Record MAx, and it works. although i still don't know the exact problem. Anybody knows why?

9. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Then it is clearly a software issue. You can try getting the latest Nero upgrade.