1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD-RW Comb Driver Problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by u2konline, May 11, 2007.

1. u2konline

u2konline Member

I have a cdRW combo drive and a cd drive. I notice when my computer tower gets warm, my bottom cd drive works fine, but my CDRW Combo drive dont work when i put in a cd. I have to let my computer rest for a few hours or keep restarting my computer to get the drive working again.

It doesnt seem to be damage, it just stops working when my computer gets warm. Also my cd comb drive is newer then my cd rom drive, the cd rom drive i had since what 99. The dvd comb drive i bought in 2005.

What do you think is going on?

2. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

If your comp is overheating then you have more to worry about than your combo drive not working. Did you make sure there isn't any problems with the comp overheating?

3. u2konline

u2konline Member

Well when my computer gets warm ( not hot ) only my DVD COMBO Drive runs into a problem, meaning it works , but it wont read the cd. This is the only problem when my tower gets warm. Everything else works perfect.

Is there a way to check how warm my computer gets, like a program or something?

BTW, when i stick my hand on the back of the tower, where the fan is, its cool air coming out, only on the top of the tower its kinda warm.

Windows98se, 512megs of ram, ATI Radeon 9250 256MB PCI, ATI radeon 700064MB PCI, 600MHZ, 60GBHD.