1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD-RW erasing

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by aaronong, Jun 12, 2003.

1. aaronong

aaronong Member

I am using the latest version of VCDeasy. After burning succesfully, my Sony CD-RW (Multi Speed (1x 2x 4x) and my High Speed(only 4x - 10x)) had trouble erasing. I've been trying to erase them, but after clicking Erase this Cd in Windows Xp, it erases very quickly then the disc is blank. But, after a few seconds, the Cd folder is opened and the files are still there. I tried ERASING with Nero and VCDeasy but both dont work too. Please help me.
    Even if this forum is posted, please still help me.
    My driver is 24x1040

Last edited: Jun 12, 2003
  2. security

security Member

IM NOT SURE BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU MAY HAVE SELECTED CLOSE THIS DISC (I THINK ) OR WHAT EVER FUNCTION IT IS THAT MAKES AN ERAESABLE DISC PERMANENT. I GET CONFUSED BETWEEN TYHE DISC AND SESSION SETTINGS

3. mhoope02

mhoope02 Member

DO OTHER CDRW'S ERASE OK, OR IS IT JUST THAT ONE THAT HAS A PROBLEM?

4. aaronong

aaronong Member

I am the one who posted this thread.
    And the answer is Yes, but only the discs that have been burned with VCDeasy acnnot be erased.

5. mhoope02

mhoope02 Member

:blink:

That is quite interesting. Actually, I recall a friend having problems erasing RW's with Nero... What he had to do was just 're-use' the disc, so, for example, burn 700mb of data onto it. When Nero asked for the empty media, he put the CDRW in, and Nero says (as it always does) do you want to Erase this medium? That worked, IIRC.

Otherwise, only burn off VCD's that you want to keep ;)

6. aaronong

aaronong Member

anyway, after the problem i occured with vcdeasy, i've never burned any more audio tracks. Maybe its a problem with my computer or my cd driver.