1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD-RW primer pointer required

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by bdriver12, Oct 26, 2004.

1. bdriver12

bdriver12 Member

I have an old Sony CD-RW (CRX-140) which I use primarily for burning backup CD's. I am using an OEM version of Nero (5.5.5.2) and the two have worked well together.

What I want to do is to be able to work with CD-RW's. When I used to run Win98SE, I had InCD installed and I noted it treated the CD-RW like any other rewritable medium (e.g. a floppy). What I did observe is that CD-RW's I wrote to via InCD, were not readable in other CD readers. Is this normal?

I cannot seem to post more than 14 lines per message, so will complete in a followup. :/

2. bdriver12

bdriver12 Member

What I am after is a pointer to a primer/site where it goes through the ins and out of CD-RW's.

I have a small HTTP based project which has regular updates and share it around using CD's. Being able to rewrite it thus saving to write a complete disk would be handy.

Thanks in advance.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

me i use roxio 5 platnium. the problem you are having with the cdr-w is the same in roxio. go thru windows explorer not internet explorer & acess the cdr-w on a regular cd/dvdrom & you'll probably find a file called udf or has udf extension. but remember this is on a computer that doesn't have a burning program installed. double click that file & a udf reader is installed on the computer, then they can read cdr-w disk. but also depends on how old computer cdrom is as some 2x 4x & 8x might read cdr-w as an audio disk

4. bdriver12

bdriver12 Member

Thanks for that. I should have explained I do not have InCD installed at present and burnt the CD-RW like a CD-R. I'll re-install InCD and see if it makes a difference. BTW, I could not find the .udf file you mentioned in your post on the CD-RW.

Thanks

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

might be a roxio thing then tho i doubt it