1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cd rw speed change in nero

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Steppon, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Steppon

Steppon Member

I have windows xp pro and I use nero to burn the cds. I bought Princo cd rw 1x-2x. When I try to burn I am not able to choose the speed. Actually nero put the speed 4x and I am not able to change it. Is it a problem of media? When I try to read the cdrw after I burnt with the 4x speed my cd player get crazy. Any ideas?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Thats a strange problem!! I'd reckon its more than likely the media you're using. Or ofcoarse the cd writer may not be compatible completely with nero so you could always try alternative burning software!

3. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Perhaps your drive doens't support low speed RW recording?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2002
  4. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

as "Dela" says it could be the media dictating the write speed.
    if you`ve used faster write speeds B4 on other media.......it can`t be a fully unlocked nero stopping you.
    unless you have new/recent installations on your PC.

5. Steppon

Steppon Member

My cd writer is a plextor 320 a and it is compatible with nero, I checked in the nero web site. I believe it is more a media problem because I haven t had problem before with cd r. The problem is just with these low speed princo cd rw 1x-2x. I will try different medias, but I have to through away all the cd rw I bought.

6. Arnand

Arnand Member

Have the same problem m8. I'm using a plextor px-w4012a with the princo 1x/2x cd-rws and every time i try burning an iso file with nero it fails as it wont let me select the writing speed. It has to be the cd-rws themselves as i've used the plextor cd-rw that came with the drive many times and have no problem with the speed selection.

7. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Again:

Do your drives support low speed 1-2x CD-RW recording?

If not, then 4x is the lowest possible to use and therefore you have no other options. On the other hand 4x may be too fast for 1-2x media and the recording may fail.

8. Steppon

Steppon Member

I have a plextor 320 A. How can I check if it support low speed recording. Someone know this cd combo player?

9. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

does it let you burn at 1 or 2x with another software?

like cdrwin for instance.