1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd-rw versus dvd-r

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by bornloser, Mar 18, 2003.

1. bornloser

bornloser Member

i've been looking to start burning my dvd's my question is,which system is better since cd-r's are cheaper to produce and are claimed to offer the same quality as dvd-r? also, I understand that both systems may require the use of 2 blanks to record all the data. please help me decide which way is better.

2. commwiz

commwiz Guest

DVD's hold 4.7 gigabytes, CD's hold .7 gigabytes. They'd be the same quality for the first .7 gig but that's only 20 minutes of a movie. The DVDs hold about 6 times more.

3. bornloser

bornloser Member

thanks,I really apprecite the help.

now,i've been reading how lots of people are having trouble recording their movies,also the slow speed of the process, up to 5hrs. how common are these problems? thanks again.

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

This isn't quite true m8. Take a glance at this tutorial to get an idea on how to backup a dvd that is 4.7 gigabyte (or less) to a dvd-r. it is quite simple!
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=e3ca071cab2b13347409c70a7e1df158&threadid=62671

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2003