1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD-RW with Nero

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by george89, Jul 21, 2003.

1. george89

george89 Member

I have looked through the forum but I couldn't find anything that answered this .. but then my computer skills are not great and there does seem to be a lot of technical stuff on here so I may easily have missed it.

Basically .. I have Nero on my computer and it was working fine and burning discs and stuff ... I was using the 'wizard' and everything was simple. But now for some reason every time I try to burn/copy a disc it says that the disc is 'copyright protected' even when its a disc that has previously been copied without problems.

Has anyone any clue what Im doing wrong? I had heard that it could be something to do with a program called 'c-dilla' which we had picked up from somewhere. However, I've removed this program and the problem is still there.

Hope that makes some sort of sense :) any help would be very much appreciated.

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

With Nero?
    Try a freebie burning application called BurnAtOnce and see if you encounter the same error.
    BurnAtOnce:http://www.burnatonce.com/downloads/

Shoey :)

3. george89

george89 Member

Hi - thanx for the advice. I have been able to download a new copy of Nero - with a little help from their customer services, who were dead helpful.

Since then I have 'copied' a couple of discs as a test. It still said that they were copyrighted, but still produced a good copy ... so now Im puzzled. have you any idea what I'd done to cause this problem? as I'm obviously keen not to repeat it. Would it be anything to do with the c-dilla? Also, my daughter has admitted that she'd tried to copy some CDs from the library .. is it possible that these could have caused the problem and been protected in some way?

All lot of questions I know, but now its sorted I'd like to know what caused it in the first place if you see what I mean.

Thanks

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps the older version of nero you had was not capable of overcoming the cdilla. BTW cdilla is a copy-protection scheme... an old one and easily overcome form of protection if i am not mistaken (that is, until this year's release of SafeCast... grrr)

In essence it stores licenses generated off your PC's hardware and software to form a unique key, this coupled with a individual key on the mech pack prevents the double use of the program (uninstall, reinstall). For further details on C-dilla, http://www.macrovision.com/solutions/software/cdillafaq.html