1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd-rw writer doesn't work

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by corpus, May 21, 2002.

1. corpus

corpus Guest

Can somebody help me, my cd-rw writer wont work properly when I put a disk in the writer it doesn't detect it. Even with MS explorer Iam asked to put in a disk. Is there anyone familiair with this problem and does he have a solution.

2. colpalmer

colpalmer Member

Wrong speed disk for the burner possibly?

3. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

try a different disk if it keeps giving you the same problem the drive may be broke I had the same problem with my old burner... it wouldnt detect it I then got frustrated with it and shoved the cd tray it by force and it ended up finally detecting the disk I used that method a few times till I got my pay check and bought a new burner.

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

You can always try uninstallin & re-installing the device to Windows, in case the OS is somehow screwed up. This kind of problem situations are always very difficlt to analyse since there are a million possible reasons for the problem.

5. corpus

corpus Guest

problem seems to be solved my pc loaded 2 times driver acpi.sys thanks for your respons

6. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

corpus: Out of curiosity, how did you find out that your machine loaded it twice, or was it listed in autoexec/config files twice?

7. corpus

corpus Guest

dRd, on the internet I found something about drivers and found the name of the driver ACPI.sys. In my PC I seeked for ACPI*.* and found this file in Winnt\system32\drivers and another file with the same name in a different map. I deleted the last one, and then it worked properly so now I am happy after a long time trouble and distress. Sometimes you search a long time and finally this worked out well

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2002
  8. rickymint

rickymint Member

ref cd doent work
    Re-install your opperating system over the top of existing one, if your writer was working untill recently