1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Text

Discussion in 'Audio' started by johndoe9V, Mar 5, 2007.

1. johndoe9V

johndoe9V Member

I attempted to burn my custom music compilation that displays Titles and Artists using the CD Text feature in Nero, but it doesn't seem to work. Am I doing something wrong? How do I check if the burner can't burn CD Text?

Thanks

2. Platy767

Platy767 Regular member

Nero InfoTool will identify the read and write characteristics of your drive. Just select Nero InfoTool from the toolkit drop list in SmartStart or from the Tools submenu in Nero in the All Programs list in the Windows Start Menu.

CD text will either be ticked or not in the Supported Read Features list.

You can use EAC to test your drive for CD-text write capability. Under EAC menu, drive options, click Ok at the information panel, then select the writer tab. There is a button to detect write features.

For CD text to work on your player, the player needs to have that feature.

3. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

This caught my interest and causes me to wonder how to do it.

I have checked with the Info Tool. My drives are capable of reading CD Text. None of the disks that I have made show text as being read on the drives that are read capable.

So, where do I put the text to be read, and How do I record it to the CD so that the capable drive does read it?

4. johndoe9V

johndoe9V Member

Thank you so much for responding. I will have to check that out later. After doing some research, I think iTunes and Windows Media Player can't read cd text. Is this true or am I doing something wrong. I used Nero to burn the cd text and Nero Audio Player reads it, but iTunes and WMA only read it as track 1,2,3,..etc. Thanks

5. johndoe9V

johndoe9V Member

Rulisky: I'm not a computer type of guy. Don't know if I'm understanding your question. I will do my best. I think you want your cd to show the Titles and Artists of each song in your custom compilation. If so, I have read that Nero is the best at it. During the pre burning stage you must select and option called CD Text. I know MP3's and MWA's work better with cd text, only because there is less typing involved. Once you have all the songs added to Nero you can right click on individual songs and select property. There you can rename it and trick it out with filters. I read iTunes 7 can burn cd text also but must be selected. Don't forget to check cd with cd text capable devices.

6. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

OK! I will check this out next time I make a compile. Thanks.