1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd tray keeps popping out!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by ketan83, Mar 12, 2005.

1. ketan83

ketan83 Guest

hi there i have got a samsung 52x cd writer about a year old. the problem is that since a few weeks the cd tray keeps popping out automatically and stays there!
    is it because of a virus ? which one( if yes)?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

have you ran your virus program & did an online scan??

3. ketan83

ketan83 Guest

yeah i did but quick heal detected a dasm.b worm and the problem did not cease

4. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

This helped once maybee it will you. Unplug the Cd-rom from the computer. let the system boot without it. Power down and plug the drive back in. Power back up and it should stay closed. I did this on an XP (no SP) system.

-Del

5. haymarket

haymarket Regular member

You could always use it to put your coffee cup on

Only joking

Not sure what the dasm.b worm is at it is not mentioned as a worm on Google or symantec site

6. skfg60

skfg60 Guest

There are some simple trojans which can do this remote trik.

7. Rosco404

Rosco404 Guest

If you have a friend that has a PC, try it in theres... If it works normaly (tray opens and closes normaly, reads and writes) then it is a software problem on your PC, if it does the same thing then it could be the drive is defective, buy another one they are really cheap now for a CDRW or better yet buy yourself a DVDRW they are cheap now aswell.