1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd wont boot

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Xeno360, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Xeno360

Xeno360 Member

I soft modded my xbox, I put a dvd disc in it reads it says the name of the dvd etc. But when i goto file explorer and try to access the drive it reboots the dashboard :/... Whats on the cd is just data.. a folder with mp3s in it etc... Now why wont this work? Did i do it right?.... I burned it as "Data Disc" So i thought it should.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Maybe a corrupt dashboard. Get a copy of AID v4.01 and re-install the dash of your choice, I recommend the latest XBMC, it's flawless.

3. Xeno360

Xeno360 Member

Nah i just burned a backup and it worked fine so it reads disks i think somthing messed up with the data disc... what wa on it was.... XBMC mp3s.. emulators... and some other stuff, But all in seperate folders. Can i put stuff on a disk like that and have it read as data so i can explore through it, Or do i need to make it into an xbox iso first for it to work properly? And.... How do i go about changing from Ndure-UnleashX to XBMC for my main dashboard? Can i do it by disc? Cus FTP is unavalible for me, or maybe another hot swap?

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Like I said, get AID, you'll never look back!