1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Writters

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by toughdecs, Jul 20, 2003.

1. toughdecs

toughdecs Member

Hello,

I need some help trying to select a CD writer........
    Right now i am looking at five models,
    The Plextor PlexWriter Premium,
    CenDyne Lightning V 52/24/52 CD-RW,
    Lite-On LTR-52246S 52/24/52 CD-RW,
    Mitsumi CR-485FTE 54/32/54 CD-RW,
    and Sony CRX220A1 52/24/52 CD-RW....

Right not i am not really sure which one i need to go with. What i am really concerned with is the ability to back up CD Protected games. I have two kids, and they seem to turn all my cds into personal Frisbees, no matter what i do. For a while i was simply copying CDs and just using the backups, but lately, more and more, i can't seem to make anything but coasters. I am not really worried about the costs of the drives, and i am not to concerned with the Rewrite ability, and the overall speed performance isn't a really big factor in my decision either. What i am concerned with the software compatibility, the ability to copy a cd regardless of the Protection, and Media Compatibility. I have countless reviews on each of these drives and i still can't seem to come to a conclusion. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THEY HAVE EXPERINCED WITH THESE DRIVES..... CAN SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A RECOMMENDATION? Or maybe tell me of even a better drive.

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I would reccommend the Lite-On drives first followed by ASUS burners.

The last Lite-On i used was a 32x16x32 (or something like that) and i was extremely pleased with it. LiteOn drives will not dissapoint you. Failing that, I would reccomend to you the ASUS CRW5224A - I am currently using it and am extremely pleased with it.

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

"You got the right one baby..uh huh" (not literally m8). This Litey is "bad to the bone" and can backup the latest Safedisc& SecuROM pc game protections (most popular pc game protections). The Litey can backup 7 of 8 tough audio cd protections, excellent dae speed and accuracy as well. Pound for pound it is [bold] the best cdrw [/bold] on the market for "all purpose backups".

Shoey :)___X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2003