1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CDDVDGEN alternative

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by HerMelin, Apr 27, 2005.

1. HerMelin

HerMelin Member

Is there any alternative to CDDVDGEN? since no one cares to answer me why my CDDVDGEN freezes everytime i press rec.

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

I tried to help you.

Isobuster is another re-building program.

3. heybilly

heybilly Regular member

Um i thought CDDVDGEN was only soppose to be used originally on the ps2 sdk and is only compatible with the burner provided in that sdk... so im guessing the record button is useless... look for a way to export the image out of cddvdgen then burn with ur usual image burning software

4. HerMelin

HerMelin Member

Jizmac, well you didnt read my question properly, you answered with that its supposed to get two errors (which I said it did)

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Yes you can get Nero and ISO Buster and rebuild using them.
    P.S. MinnWild is da man.

Step 1.
    Decrypt the ps2 game to your hard drive using dvd decryptor.

Step 2.
    Open up Isobuster and load in the image file.

Step 3.
    Hold shift and highlight all the game files and put them in a folder.

Step 4.
    Open up Nero burning rom and create a new UDF/ISO dvd (It's the last one in the list). Drop all the game files into Nero in the same order as it is listed in Isobuster. Just keep Isobuster open as a reference when you do this. Nero will change the order of the files graphically, however they burn in the order that you dropped them in.

Step 5.
    Name the image and burn it at 4x.

Step 6.
    Presto, you've rebuilt and burned a PS2 game. Play it.

Note:
    Some games have dummy files in them.(ie. guilty gear, spider-man 2). They are used to beef up the size of the image and to copy-protect the game. Burning games with the dummy files left unchanged will result in a game that does not boot (using swap magic anyway). To remedy this annoyance follow these fun steps.

Step 1.
    Use Isobuster to copy the files to a folder.

Step 2.
    Create a new text file. Open it and press the space bar, then close it. This creates a byte of data in the text file.

Step 3.
    Rename the text file you made to the same name as the dummy file in your folder. You can point out a dummy file if its called DUMMY.DAT, DUMMY.000, DUMMY.001 etc., GARBAGE.DAT. These files will always be in the main folder of the iso.

Step 4.
    Overwrite all those dummy files with the blank ones you've created. (games generally only have 1 dummy file, but some have multiple dummy files)

Step 5.
    Patch complete! Burn it.

6. HerMelin

HerMelin Member

Hmm the files are too big for a dvd to handle.

7. cameronp

cameronp Member

You know I have the same problem about nero and I also can't get cddvd gen to work either. I get responses to follow other threads, which are for these two programs I can't get to work in the first place. Can anyone out there really read the problems and make a suggestion?

8. romero

romero Regular member

This goes a little bit offtopic, but...

...how this must be done if I want to create a disc from scratch instead of rebuilding existing one?

Last edited: May 3, 2005