1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CDGENPS2 V2.1 playing Divx!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by evo_supra, Mar 18, 2004.

1. evo_supra

evo_supra Member

2. jayson2k2

jayson2k2 Member

ur a joke

3. evo_supra

evo_supra Member

wtf? dont waste my time.

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

5. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I should close this just because of you trying to be slick....

6. evo_supra

evo_supra Member

Cyprien: Cdgenps2 is one of the main files needed to play divx/mp3 etc on ps2, goes with ps2reality. As for Google ive already tried, where do think the links came from pop-up ads? thats y im asking if anyone else knows a link to another place that search-engines might not get too. Be more constructive when replying.

7. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

so what if it makes a cd with divx in with media player... so what... this still has nothing to do with divx... your asking for a link... now hot to play divx with it.. i found by now 5 links on google for this just by looking on the searches... next time use search on this site or look more deep into the links that google gives you...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]eyetie is a stupid silly lil person... heres why...

"I will give you 1 warning and 1 warning only. Continue to piss me off on my threads and I'll leash a flury of assaults on you, your family, and your fuckin shadow too."[/small]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2004
  8. evo_supra

evo_supra Member

Ok;

1)What are you talking about? You just stated how its cd with 'divx' and media player, if done correctly it plays divx files, so how has it got nothing to do with divx?

and

2)Like i said be more constructive pls, if you had managed to find 5 links deeper into google then why didnt you post any or at least one?

9. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

the topic says divx in it right?... so how come you not asking anything about it?... well?... you just confuse people with the topic... bleh this topic is so way off the track... lets see whos gonna post a working link for you...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]eyetie is a stupid silly lil person... heres why...

"I will give you 1 warning and 1 warning only. Continue to piss me off on my threads and I'll leash a flury of assaults on you, your family, and your fuckin shadow too."[/small]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2004
  10. evo_supra

evo_supra Member

The topic is about cdgenps2, thats y i wrote it in CAPS. I can see how you would misunderstand, but the title's intention was to give a brief insight on what cdgenps2 eventually does, playing divx files which is what i wrote. Thats like me saying 'SWAPMAGIC playing imports!!' doesnt necessarily mean the thread is about imported titles does it? my bad if it caused confusion.

11. evo_supra

evo_supra Member

12. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Same to you. Watch your step as what Cyprien said is correct and sound which should be headed...

13. Laoan

Laoan Guest

Omg Omg you all guys is fusking assholes! If you dont help him dont write any shit! plz plz plz if you have a link cdgenps2 thats work send it to him then shut up! this is not a discuss section there is many chatroom around the world who you can proof how smart you are but not her! you only need sent a cdgenps2 working link to him thats all! thats clear thats clear then finish!
    Laoan

14. Laoan

Laoan Guest

Omg Omg you all guys is fusking assholes! If you dont help him dont write any shit! plz plz plz if you have a link cdgenps2 thats work send it to him then shut up! this is not a discuss section there is many chatroom around the world who you can proof how smart you are but not here! you only need to send a cdgenps2 working link to him thats all! thats clear thats clear then finish!
    Laoan

15. evo_supra

evo_supra Member

LOLOL ever since i posted this thread up ive been getting private messages and emails of ppl either agreeing with me or just like you just said Laoan, calling em an ass for not being constructive and just causing trouble, but thanks anyway!

Since im on subject here, i managed to get Divx or Xvid files to work on PS2 from a DVD full of files instead of CD which is what the program was designed for. I apologise if this has been mentioned here already which i dont think so, but anyway here's the method;

1)Boot the Mediaplayer CD disc how you normally would.

2)When at the main menu screen, press EJECT and insert an original ps2 game or even a demo dvd disc.

3)Press 'X' in the Browser option and wait for it to read the disc.

4)Once its finished reading the disc and lists the contents (sometimes it doesnt) DISC SWAP the disc and insert your own DVDR packed with .avi files and hit 'O' button to REFRESH the list.

5)Once refreshed it should list all the .avi on the disc, and well the rest as they say is history...

This should work with any disc that u have laying around thats got an .avi in it (providing its the right codec)

Oh and one other thing in case your wondering, the .avi on DVD disc can just be normally burned on as a DATA DISC and doesnt have to be an Image (.iso)

Cya! :)

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Tsubami Geashi![/small]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2004
  16. Jason_SSS

Jason_SSS Member

does anyone have a link to the newly released cdgenps2 v3?

I have read up on many sites about its release and bug fixes but not one has supplied the file. does anyone here have it?

if so, can you tell me where you got it from?

17. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

It's true that the topic maybe misleading but come on... It was obviously not his intention to be misleading. Anyway the best thing to do is just address that the topic was poorly titled, give the guy his link, and move on with your lives.

18. evo_supra

evo_supra Member

yup theres the link to the file on ps2ownz.com site. Although i havent tried it yet it should work, enjoy!