1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CDLoader v7 BETA 5.2 help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Samurai86, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Samurai86

Samurai86 Member

ive searched google, the forums, swapmagicfix, and results are buttkiss as to how to use cdloader beta 5.2. i thought after cdl boots up, you press eject and switch with either swap magic or a high toc size disc like devil may cry, then use either a flip top or slide tool to swap the disc with your backup and press x, but it just hangs. im trying to boot dvd backups. i have a v7/8, console with network adaptor, swap magic dvd 2.0 cd 3.0, i burn my backups with Alcohol 120% [A-120], my dvd burner is a SONY DVD RW DW-U18A, and my dvd media is Verbatim DataLifePlus. now that i think about it, must i use swap magic dvd 3.0.......... any help would be great

2. Samurai86

Samurai86 Member

anyone?

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

try this way boot cd loader then press eject and swap for swapmagic dvd or high toc disk, wait for it to say ps2 dvd in lower left of tv screen, press x, wait for swap by ea method prompt to appear on screen then swap for backup by flip/slide and press x

4. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

that method didn't work either. i booted cd loader, pressed eject, then insterted swap magic dvd (i used a high toc disc on the second attempt), but i didn't even see it say ps2 dvd in the lower left hand corner. in cd loader beta 5.2, when it boots up, it has a list of options, with a black background and white letters. the first thing there says video mode: pal. i downloaded it from swapmagicfix. any suggestions?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  5. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

there's gotta be someone out there...

6. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

1) Insert Swap Magic CD
    2) When Load Program comes up, insert CDLoader Beta 5.2 (via swap method)
    3) Press X
    4) When it says to insert disc from CDLoader press the eject button and put in Swap Magic DVD
    5) Press X
    6) When it says it insert disc via EA method insert the backup via the swap method.
    7) Press X

-By the swap method either use the slide card/knife or the flip-top.

7. justjer

justjer Member

finally my nfl street 2 works
    :D

8. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

that method didn't work either. and those methods you two listed are pretty much what i've been doing the whole time. but thanks for replying though.

9. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

you could have a bad copy of CDLoader. Or the game is a bad burn.

10. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

i downloaded cdloader from swapmagicfix, and i got some other versions of it too and those worked fine, so i know i burned it right. without using the fixes and just using swap magic dvd, i get a blue screen behind the prompt after pressing x so i know it can read it good, and i've burned all my other games the same way on the same dvd media. on the beta 5.2 version, it doesn't prompt me for a disc change at all, it has that list of options i mentioned earlier, with the black screen and the options text color in white and the first option is 'Video Mode: PAL'. so im stumped lol

11. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

just hit X after selecting which display mode. You can follow the on screen instructions from there. I'll test beta 5.2 later and tell you more on the specifics of what you do, but after pressing X it should load up like v7 does.