1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CDR/DVD combo drive not working

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by bryanoens, May 24, 2007.

1. bryanoens

bryanoens Member

I have a CDRW/DVD combo drive on my desktop computer but have been having problems viewing DVD's. I can view and run CD's fine but any DVD that I place into the drive wont read. I received two errors awhile ago, that sometimes dont show up, and sometimes they do.

One error:
    Source: atapi
    eventID: 9
    This device, \device\Ide\Ideport0, did not respond with the timeout period

Second error:
    Source: Cdrom
    EventID: 7
    The device, \device\Cdrom0, has a bad block

The model of the DVD is: TSST Corp CDRWDVD TS-H492C

Why would it be able to read CD's but not DVD's? I have tried different DVD's and no go. Could the lense need cleaning?
    Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Bryan

2. flyingv

flyingv Guest

Hey! The first thing I would try is cleaning the lens. This usually will solve the problem you refer to but if that dosen't work it may be time for a new drive. Hope it works for you.

3. miles_

miles_ Guest

Just buy new dvd-drive!

4. bryanoens

bryanoens Member

Hey,
    This guy Paul private messaged me on and said that he was having the same problem as I was. He informed me that some people had luck with resetting their iMAP to manual and it worked for them. I really dont know why resetting my iMAP would have any effect on my dvd drive. Can anyone let me know how my mail server and dvd drive have something to do with each other or if this Paul guy is just full of crap. Thanks